Thursday, August 07, 2008

My missing paternal grandfather -- found!

Today while my Mom was going through some photos, she came across one that had special significance for me. It was a photo of my paternal grandparents, and though I knew my paternal grandmother, I had never in all my 55 years seen (that I can remember) a photo of my father's father, who died in a car accident in 1926 when my Dad was two years old. For those of you who may be interested, here they are, Bill and Bess Lackie:

My Mom thinks this was probably taken at Bess' parents' house, though Mom never went there herself.
On the back of the photo, it reads:

Pet. if you will send this
picture back to me I will
send you some more
that you can keep
Ever your brother
W Lackie
this is Bess and Bill

(I'm not sure of the "W" -- it could be "H".)

3 comments:

willowlaughter said...

WOW - cool!!!

Lidarose said...

I only knew my grandmother Bess when she was much older (we called her Grandma Pinney, because by that time she had married Jesse Pinney) -- she was well into her 30's before she had my dad in 1924 -- but she looks like as a young woman she was very beautiful... and who does that dark, thick hair remind us of? Wow!

Zifnab said...

Man, wish I'd inherited Bill's good looks. That's a cool picture.