Saturday, December 03, 2005

Franciscans in the news

Tuning in to NPR's Weekend Edition this morning, I caught the tail end of a story about the Franciscans of Assisi. So when I got home, I checked in on the computer to find out what the scoop was. You can click on the link in the title above to get the Washington Post version of the story, which was just one I found. (There wasn't anything about it in today's Observer; no surprise there.) In my search I also checked out the National Catholic Reporter online. It was the first time I had gone to this site, and I was pleasantly surprised at what they had to offer, although I didn't find reference to the Franciscan story I was looking for. Joan Chittester writes a regular column, I gather, and there were other well-known writers and apparently balanced reporting. I'll be inter4ested in what they have to say on this Franciscan issue. Maybe there's already something there and I just missed it...

No comments: