Tuesday, November 29, 2005

winter weather

I woke up this morning to a pouring rain. I'm still living in my office so the downpour was happening right next to my bed. But now, it has mysteriously stopped. Or I have gone totally deaf. (Don't worry -- I know that isn't true because I can hear the tapping of my fingers on the keys and the wail of the train horn in the distance!)

There was some real winter weather up in Connecticut last week -- it snowed about four inches on Thanksgiving Day!! Susie and I shovelled half of her driveway while it was still snowing. It's one of those C-shaped ones, so we didn't have to do but half of it to enable the cars to get out, but now I really know how people can die of heart attacks while shovelling snow!! All in all, my trip up north was very much fun, and it was great to reconnect with old friends and make some new ones. Friendships that last through the years are something I am very grateful for.

Not much else to report, but I'm snowed under with work for a change. Next week won't be so heavy -- SAT's are this weekend so some students are finishing up with me this week.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: