Thursday, January 31, 2008

need calculator

Just a quick note before I drop into the bed, to see if anyone out there has a used TI-83 or 83+ they can part with... One of my students, who is in dire financial straits already, had hers stolen (along with a lot of other stuff, lots of it irreplaceable) from her mom's van on Saturday. She called tonight to ask if I knew of where to get another or if I had an extra I could loan her. So I'm putting the word out there, as I don't have an extra... Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I have had at least one offer already (see comments) but if anyone else sends calculators (or if you are local I can pick them up) I will put them to good use. I always have or know students who are in need. Recently I have begun to do some volunteer GED tutoring and they need calculators, too.

5 comments:

willowlaughter said...

I'd be happy to send her mine - it sounds like she needs it more than I do - I'll have to see if I can find it though :-)

Lidarose said...

Thank you, my dear! I'm sure she will be very appreciative. (I won't tell her until I hear from you, though.)

AnaliaRose said...

My 83+ is sitting on my desk as we speak. I needed some AAA batteries so I robbed my calculator... That is how much I use it at the moment... So if Frances can't find hers I'd be happy to send mine. I even have a padded envelope I could send it in and I can take it to the post office when I'm in Evanston tomorrow. Let me know!

willowlaughter said...

I found mine, so I'll send it tomorrow - Em, did you already send yours?

AnaliaRose said...

I haven't sent mine yet because I ended up not going to my appt in Evanston on Saturday and the weather has been to "inclement" for me to trek to the post office. Actually, now that I think about it, yesterday was Sunday...Hmm that would have been a problem too...

I'll take it to the post office tomorrow.