Thursday, July 02, 2009

June in review

So, it's been awhile since I posted... a lot has been going on. There was
  • a graduation in Virginia (fun!)
  • a car wreck (not so fun) (don't worry, I'm okay, it was just the car that was totalled)
  • a trip to Chicago (mostly happy and very busy)
  • first and second Rock Hill students (both at Winthrop, about .5 mi. from my condo)
  • and a new [to me] car at the tail end of the month (sigh of relief, mostly).
And in between, babysitting, tutoring, and once again stretching myself a little *thin. (*Figuratively speaking only...)

People ask me how the sitting is going. Here is my take on it: they are a lot easier to manage when they are someone else's kids. Also, this: raising/caring for children is just like doing math...it takes a lot of persistence, creativity and patience; there are a lot of things you have to do over and over again; people don't understand why you like to keep doing it so long; and it helps if you get a good night's sleep once in awhile.

Thank you to all of you who gave me the support I needed in so many ways to get through June, as well as the prior year. I couldn't have made it without you.

No comments: