Tuesday, October 07, 2008

current events


The Blessing of the Waves happened at Huntington Beach on Sunday a.m.... I wasn't there but Father Christian was! Father Chris went body-surfing after the ceremony... He also told us that for his part of the prayer service, he used a cleaned-up version of the prayer from this column by Dana Parsons.

I was in HB Sunday for the Sts. Simon and Jude Parish Festival. It was unlike any I have ever been to: they had an actual midway with about a dozen rides!





It was great to be there with Fr. Dan; he was really working the crowd!

Fr. Michael made a big "splash" by allowing the parishioners and other festival-goers to attempt to flush him... [check with me to see a photo of Fr. Michael - I removed it from here after seeing a story on the ever-present, ever-vigilant CNN about people stealing photos from blogs and photo sites for commercial use.]

No comments: