Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Having a slow, take-it-easy kind of day... I've been meaning to write a new post but other things, like packing and helping people understand math have taken precedence. Time flies...
I've been finding a lot of interesting things while packing. Also am managing to unload some of my books -- yay! Let me know if you want any of them... Here's a partial list:
Green Dolphin Street (Hardcover),Towers in the Mist, and The Bird in the Tree, all by Elizabeth Goudge
Bring Me a Unicorn, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Growing Up Happy, by Bob Keeshan ("Captain Kangaroo", whom I used to watch on TV every morning when I was a kid)
Legends of our Time, by Elie Wiesel
Understanding Media and The Medium is the Massage, by Marshall McLuhan
Compulsory Mis-Education and the Community of Scholars, by Paul Goodman
C. G. Jung, by Anthony Storr
A Bag of Marbles, by Joseph Joffo
On Learning to Read, by Briuno Bettelheim and Karen Zelan
The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant
I'd Rather Laugh, by Linda Richman (mother-in-law of Mike Myers)
Ellen Foster, by Kaye Gibbons
The Story of the Trapp Family Singers, by Maria Augusta Trapp
Father Joe, by Tony Hendra
Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
Irons in the Fire, by John McPhee
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon
Dancing at the Rascal Fair, by Ivan Doig
Neither Here nor There, travels in Europe, by Bill Bryson
Flying Visits, an irresistible guided tour of just about everywhere, by Clive James

...and various math textbooks...

Anyway, I'm making some progress, but every time I look in the boxes of books I have second thoughts, so I'm going to put the lids on these boxes until I hear from people that want the books therein... I won't be getting rid of these (and hopefully they will be joined by many more!) until mid-June or so. Let me know if you want any...

1 comment:

willowlaughter said...

I'll take the Bill Bryson and the Trapp Family Singers off your hands :-)